Ingredients for the crust
|100 g sugar|
|300 g flour|
|200 g butter|
Ingredients for the cream
|125 molten butter|
|30 g corn flour|
|250 ml of milk|
|250 ml fresh cream|
|30 g custard|
|1 bag of vanilla sugar|
|175 g sugar|
Ingredients for the topping
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tbsp lemon juice|
|50 g sugar|
- Turn the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar and butter to a crumbly dough. Then knead it with your hands until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough flat with a pin roller. Use some flour when the dough sticks. Grease a pie pan with butter and cover the pan with the dough. Prick small holes in the dough with a fork and bake the crust for 20 minutes until it starts turning golden brown.
- Knock the egg with a whisk. When ready, take the pie out of the oven, spread the egg on the crust and put the crust back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. The egg will harden and prevent the crust from getting soft from the cream.
- In a pan bring the milk, vanilla sugar and sugar to a boil. Save some milk and mix the saved milk with the corn flour in a bowl. This is done best with a whisk or fork so the mixture doesn’t lump.
- Now add the custard mixture to the pan and stir with a whisk. Let this cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix the fresh cream, corn flour and eggs with a mixer. Then add everything together in a large pan and bring it to a boil on low heat. At last add the molten butter and let the mixture cook until it has the desired thickness. Now let it cool down to room temperature.
- When cooled down, scoop the cream on the crust and smooth it out. Remove the cores of the apples, cut the apples in 4 pieces and cut in slices. Mix the apple slices with 50 g of sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Divide the apple slices on the pie. Now bake the pie for 25 more minutes on 180 degrees.
- Cover the pie with apricot jam when it comes out of the oven.
Your apple cream pie is ready, enjoy!
|Check out all Princess products you can use to make this recipe|