|250 ml coconut milk|
|200 gr peanut butter|
|50 ml soy sauce (for the peanut sauce)|
|30 ml ketjap manis|
|500 gr chicken breast|
|1 stem of lemongrass|
|2 centimeters ginger|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|Grater of 1 lemon|
|2 tbsp lemon juice|
|1,5 tbsp dark brown sugar|
|0,5 tbsp sambal|
|3 tbsp soy sauce|
|1 tbsp sesame oil|
- Cut the lemongrass in 3 pieces, peel the garlic and slice the ginger. Finely grind this with a mortar and pestle (or use a stick blender). Grate the lemon and add the grater.
- Now add the 1,5 tbsp dark brown sugar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix everything until properly mixed.
- Cut the chicken in equal pieces and mix with the marinade you just made. Ideally let the chicken marinate for 24 hours, 45 minutes is enough if you are in a hurry.
- Meanwhile prepare the satay sauce. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce and ketjap to a pan. Mix until you have a smooth sauce.
- When making the satay, put the sticks in water. String the chicken on the sticks.
- Bake the satay on a barbecue, grill, raclette or table grill. Put some oil on the satay so it doesn’t stick. Bake the chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the satay with the satay sauce.
Your chicken satay is done, enjoy!
|Check out all Princess products you can use to make this recipe|