|granulated sugar||75 grams|
Ingredients for the protein foam
|3 pcs. protein||3|
|granulated sugar||185 grams|
- Start making the protein foam. To do this, put the granulated sugar with the water in a saucepan and cook on a low heat to a sugar syrup. This should be 121 degrees Celsius, but if you do not have a kitchen thermometer, you can let the sugar syrup simmer until very firm bubbles form just before it starts to decolour.
- Just before the sugar syrup is ready, start whipping the egg whites in the planetary mixer or with the help of a hand mixer. As soon as the egg white has nice firm peaks, add the hot syrup drop by drop to the egg white while whisking.
- Keep beating until the egg white has become lukewarm. Scoop the firm foam into a decorating bag with a serrated tip. If you don’t have this, you can also scoop the egg white onto the tangerines with a spoon. Keep the egg white foam in the refrigerator until use.
- Grate the peel of 1 mandarin and put it aside. Squeeze the mandarin and put the collected juice with the water and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Put it on low heat and let simmer until all the sugar has dissolved. Add a little bit of the zest from the skin.
- Pour the syrup into the drawer of the appliance.
- Peel the remaining 8 mandarins and put them in the syrup.
- Place the drawer in the appliance and fill the water tank. Set the device to steam at 100 degrees Celsius for 9 minutes.
- Carefully remove the poached (steamed) mandarins from the syrup and place them on the steam grid. Place the steam grid in the drawer.
- Spray beautiful rosettes of the firm protein foam on the poached tangerines or scoop the foam nicely with a spoon.
- Place the tray in the appliance, set to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 6 minutes. The foam will now have turned nicely golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle the tangerines with the reserved grater.
- Serve with some of the syrup where they were poached in and top it off with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy your meal!
More information about the Princess Steam Aerofryer and its possibilities? Click here!