|1 vanilla stick|
|250 ml whipping cream|
|250 ml semi-skimmed milk|
|100 gr granulated sugar|
|50 gr caster sugar|
|4 small one-person trays|
- Preheat the oven to 125 degrees. Cut the vanilla stick lengthwise in half and scrape the marrow out with the point of a knife. Put the whipping cream, milk, vanilla stick and the marrow in a pan and cook this all for 5 minutes on low heat. After 5 minutes you can remove the stick.
- Split the eggs and put the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl. Beat the mixture (you do not use the egg whites). Put the hot cream that is in the pan in the bowl and stir the mixture till it gets thicker.
- Take the trays where you want to serve the crème brûlée in and divide the mixture into the trays. Put the trays in the oven and let them cook and coagulate for approximately 45 minutes.
- Take the trays out of the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cover them with plastic foil and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill in the oven at the highest possible temperature. When you want to serve take the trays out of the fridge, sprinkle some caster sugar on the trays and put them right under the grill. The sugar will melt and turn brown, this is how you get the crispy top layer. Watch out, this only takes a minute and the sugar must not burn. It is also possible to use a torch.
Bon appetit and enjoy your crème brûlée!
|Check out all Princess products you can use to make this recipe|