|1 kg of potatoes (bintjes or else soft-boiling)|
|Sause to own liking|
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chips (1cm by 1cm).
- Put them in cold water for approximately fifteen minutes. Rinse the chips thoroughly to remove the released starch. This starch contaminates the oil. Thoroughly dry the chips with a clean tea towel.
— Fry in two stages–
- The first time (precook) fry for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the machine on and preheat it at 145-160°C. Wait until the indicator light has gone out. Fry the chips in small batches until done: fill a maximum of one third of the basket each time. Fry for about 5 to 6 minutes, until they have become a light yellow colour and are soft inside. They may not become too dark at this stage! Remove the basket from the fryer and shake well. Spread the chips on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment or kitchen paper. Do this as quickly as possible. During the frying process, most of the oil is absorbed at the time the product leaves the hot oil. Let the chips cool completely.
— There may be a maximum of 2 hours between pre-frying and finishing.–
- Increase the temperature in the fryer to 180°C. Put the chips back into the fryer in small portions. Fry them for about 5 minutes until golden brown. They are ready when they float and the oil is (almost) no longer bubbling. Remove the chips from the fryer and thoroughly shake the basket again. Place in a bowl covered with kitchen paper
- Sprinkle with salt, mix them and serve immediately. Add sauce to your own liking
|Check out all Princess product you can use to make this recipe|