- Start making the almond batter. To do this, put all the ingredients in the food processor and turn into a smooth and homogeneous batter. Spoon into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Peel the pineapple thoroughly. Cut into quarters and cut out the hard core. Don’t throw it away, keep it for now.
- Cut the quarters of the pineapple into nice slices.
- Put the water with the granulated sugar in a saucepan and add the trim and the hard core of the pineapple.
- Let it all simmer gently on a low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Lower the heat even more and let it steep for another 10 minutes.
- Sieve the syrup and pour it into the drawer of the appliance.
- Put the sliced pineapple in the syrup and fill the water tank.
- Poach (steam) the pineapple for 10 minutes at 100 degrees Celsius.
- Carefully scoop out of the syrup and place the steam grid in the drawer.
- Place the pineapple neatly on top and spread a nice layer of the almond batter on it with the help of a spoon.
- prinkle with the almonds and place the drawer in the appliance.
- Set the device to 185 degrees Celsius and bake the pineapple for 12 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the crispy pineapple with, for example, lumpy whipped cream and a delicious scoop of ice cream.
Enjoy your meal!
More information about the Princess Steam Aerofryer and its options? Click here!